The town will be rebuilt on its old foundations; the mansions will be splendid again. 
Thanksgiving will pour out of the windows; laughter will spill through the doors. 


Our Blog

Our Blog

Be encouraged and inspired by teaching notes and ministry updates from Church at the Manor
View RSS Feed


  • This m onth we celebrate six years at the Manor, and what an incredible six years it has been! As we look forward to the coming years, it’s interesting to note the journey that God has brought us down and see the comparisons to the journey He has our team on now.

    How did Church at the Manor even start? The Manor Church was not an...

  • Apr1Thu

    Organic Growth by Jenny Johnson

    April 1, 2021

    God's plan for our team and for The Table. Deuteronomy 1:6-8 “You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Break camp and advance into the whole country of the Amorites; go to all the neighboring peoples in Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon,...

  • Feb28Sun

    Supernatural Initiative

    February 28, 2021

    The power of overcoming our own inertia to move in the direction that we need to go can be overwhelming at times.  I really believe that self-determination and will power can only take us so far.  Sometimes we just get stuck period.  The losses keep piling up and we don’t feel like we can break through our own reluctance....

  • Feb1Mon

    Wholeness In The Midst of The Mundane!

    February 1, 2021

    I have to admit that this most days this month looked very similar to the day before. It definitely takes effort and diligence to really shake up your routine and not to let your life run on auto-pilot.  In my last post, I spoke about being intentional and one of my greatest joys has been to be outdoors in the presence of God more than...

  • Dec29Tue

    How To Survive Another Lockdown!

    December 29, 2020

    My son, Rylan did a report for his studies on the effect of the first lockdown on small business.  At that time 30% of small businesses were not able to adapt or survive.  A survey was recently done with local businesses and of the remaining ones that did survive, 70% felt that were in danger of closing going through this yet...

  • Lately it has been feeling like an elastic band, pulled to its' very fullest extent, almost to a breaking point. It’s been a season of growing faith. Just as Abraham was given the impossible promise of a child who will be one of many, God has given this dream for the Manor to be a restored as his child and one of many!!! This has led us...
  • Dec2Wed

    Jesus, All For Jesus by Jenny Johnson

    December 2, 2020

    Today I am extending an invitation to each an every one of you to The Table. But first lets start we how we got here.


    We serve a faithful God! Last year I was intentional about making time with the Lord to seek his direction for the next year. Now I can sit back and look at how he fulfilled those promises. If you remember my posts, God...

  • Black Friday, Cyber Monday and oh yeah. Giving Tuesday if you have any spare change…lol  needless to say I think we have it backwards here.  If we are really serious about this, I think Giving Tuesday needs to come first.

    I can’t lie, I certainly am one who likes a sweet deal, an amazing find at an unbelievable price, but...

  • Now that the Manor is closed due to Covid-19, many of you may be wondering what we are doing. So I wanted to give all our supports an update. We are not called to do church but to be the church. And how do we live out the church on a daily basis? Let’s go back to the first church. Acts 2:42 says “And they devoted themselves to the...

  • Oct31Sat

    Hidden Gems

    October 31, 2020

    Sharon and I have taken time to do some day trips in the local area to find some hidden gems.  We’ve gone to the usual places to find the fall colors like Hockley Valley and check out some local artisans and then we’ve also hit the more unusual spots like Shakespeare, Ontario.  Well, there wasn’t much there other than...